toplondonbusfan
Route Learner
- Jan 6, 2025
- 10
- 5
Stagecoach shared this earlier today on Blink. It is a TfL message telling drivers to stay hydrated and ask for a short break if the cab gets too hot.
But there is nothing in it about refusing the bus
No mention of defecting it
No mention of getting a changeover
Just drink water and adjust your clothing
This completely goes against what the TfL Commissioner said last week.
"I would hope that every driver would feel they are able to take the bus out of service, particularly if there is an issue with air cooling or air conditioning"
So where is that advice now.
Why has it been replaced with vague guidance that puts all the pressure back on the driver.
I will say it clearly.
I am still following what the Commissioner said unless he publicly changes it.
If the air con is not working and the cab is too hot, the bus is not fit for service
Drivers should refuse it
Defect it
Stand your ground
We should not be expected to sit in forty degree cabs while management do nothing.
They are not even handing out bottles of water
They are just expecting us to get on with it like this is normal.
But there is nothing in it about refusing the bus
No mention of defecting it
No mention of getting a changeover
Just drink water and adjust your clothing
This completely goes against what the TfL Commissioner said last week.
"I would hope that every driver would feel they are able to take the bus out of service, particularly if there is an issue with air cooling or air conditioning"
So where is that advice now.
Why has it been replaced with vague guidance that puts all the pressure back on the driver.
I will say it clearly.
I am still following what the Commissioner said unless he publicly changes it.
If the air con is not working and the cab is too hot, the bus is not fit for service
Drivers should refuse it
Defect it
Stand your ground
We should not be expected to sit in forty degree cabs while management do nothing.
They are not even handing out bottles of water
They are just expecting us to get on with it like this is normal.